Rules Are Made To Be Broken
By: Amanda L., Westgate Collegiate, Thunder Bay, ON
Ellen Fein and her books on rules to land men must be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read (actually replace 'read' with 'briefly skimmed over'). This woman insists that these rules work to land a man but get this - 2 months ago her marriage ended. I think it is safe to say that we can call her rules obsolete and start fresh with our own:
1. Just be yourself which is probably the most difficult one for you to follow.
2. Stop with the self-improvement. Enough with trying to be “a creature unlike any other”.
3. Go natural. Don’t depend on makeup ~ it is false security and should be worn as an accessory not a mask.
4. Take the lead. This, in response to the Wrong Rules’ statement that you never ask a man to dance: Huh? A woman hardly needs a partner in order to dance besides -- what’s the harm in asking?
5. Drop the coy act. It’s time to address the stupidest “Wrong Rule” of all: Don’t Accept A Saturday Night Date after Wednesday because you’ll seem desperate. Isn’t it possible that maybe there’s a regular guy out there who’d simply be psyched you were free on Saturday?
Don't you expect that from your partner anyway?.
The only strategy you need to snag that special someone is to just be real and be yourself.
Juliet didn't land Romeo by playing hard to get!
Back to Front Page
Back to Opinions